Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Keywords: Software, Tester, Developer, C#, SQL, NUnit, Test Automation
To apply: Click here
Our systems provide medical data and software to customers, and as such can be ‘system critical’. Our software testing therefore is highly structured, and covers many diverse technologies such as C# C++, GUI, Web and Restful services as well as SQL stored procedures. There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach, and we recognise that innovative automation techniques are critical for achieving effective risk mitigation coverage.
The Developer Tester must ensure that all software and data that leaves the building is subject to a Risk mitigating test mechanism that ensures its robustness, accuracy and quality. The role of Developer Tester will therefore include both routine coding and more complex project based work. The individual will play a key role throughout the majority of the software project life cycle, and will need to gain good business knowledge of the product portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and creation of utility code tools/classes/applications in order to simplify test processes
- Design and creation of Automated Test Cases (generally coded in C# & SQL and making use of NUnit)
- Work closely with Analysts and Developers during the analysis and design phases of a project to ensure good business knowledge of the product as well as to identify the key risk areas requiring testing
- Design and agree upon Test Automation applicable for the project, based on product, risks and timescales.
- Participate in structured testing, including design review, code walkthroughs and inspections
- Work closely with the software development team in order to create formal regression packs for all internal production systems
- Manage and execute the testing phases of projects and co-ordinate with developers/specialist staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Software development experience in a structured language (i.e. C++ or C#)
- Experience of Agile software project lifecycle
Formal training in Software Testing and Quality Assurance, SQL skills or experience in the healthcare industry would be beneficial to your application.