Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Keywords: Database, Developer, IT, Software, Agile, Scrum, TSQL, SSAS, SSRS, XML
To apply: Click here
An exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join the team based in Exeter.
The Database Developer will spend most, if not all of their time working within an agile development team, and thus it is essential that they excel at teamwork and agile working practices as well as being technically proficient.
The role, although primarily focused on development also carries an element of database administration that may vary with changing business requirements. It is expected that all database developers will be specialists in Microsoft database technology and highly proficient in the T-SQL language. Whatever technical bias is present, the need for testing skill in the same person is essential to avoid costly handovers and make the best use of practices such as TDD.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design, develop and test database applications for both internal and external business systems.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, understanding and documenting their requirements in the form of user stories and supporting analysis.
- Work with project teams which encompass personnel from different areas of expertise and discuss technical issues in a non-technical language.
- Participate in structured testing, including design reviews, code walkthroughs and inspections.
- Participate in agile development and actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Contribute to maintenance and ‘business as usual’ activities including the electronic preparation and publication of content, database administration and the resolution of data errors.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience participating in database-orientated commercial projects
- T-SQL Development in Microsoft SQL Server
- XML experience
Experience with SSAS, SSRS and Structured Automated Testing will be highly beneficial to your application, as would formal training in Software Testing and Quality Assurance.