Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Keywords: Commercial Accountant, Accounting, Financial Analyst, Sage
To apply: Click here
Reporting into the Head of Finance this role provides support to the Head of Finance in forecasting, budgeting, maintenance of internal controls, period performance review and other areas as the need arises such as pricing and capital expenditure modelling. This position partners the Product, Content, Sales and Marketing teams to develop and maintain robust financial reporting models, monitor performance vs plan and provide transparent and useful management information.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of new rate card models
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly analytical review of P&L and Balance Sheet vs Forecast, prior year & budget and investigate/report on areas of variance.
- Preparation of Company Scorecard and KPI metrics analysis.
- Liaising with department heads to manage and reconcile departmental budgets, working with key stakeholders to identify potential savings
- Assist Revenue Forecasting and reforecasting as the need arises; and ensure that actual revenues recognised are reconciled consistently and accurately across the portfolio.
- Managing Capitalisation of new products and working with Product and Commercial to provide financial business cases for proposed development, together with generating revenue models for such proposals
- Ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of all outputs; ensuring adherence to all relevant deadlines of the team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Accounting Qualification and/or University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related subject (Min 2:1 or equivalent)
- Analytical thinking and experience in Business Case Development
- Excel proficient
- Database experience of using an accounts package, preferably Sage
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate financial data with both finance and non-finance members of staff
Experience of using and compiling reports from Concur would be beneficial to your application, as would any experience of working in the Healthcare or IT industries.